Wednesday, November 16, 2011

NaNoWriMo Mid-month Check In

We are halfway through National Novel Writing Month. Yay! Pat yourself on your back that you have survived this far. I myself have experienced the woes and joys as well as craziness of NaNoWriMo. I have been behind on my word count most days until this last weekend when I went all out and caught up. That euphoria was short lived as the next night (Monday) I promptly fell behind and am behind right now. In my writing craziness I have resorted to trips to Starbucks for lattes, cappucinnos, and even espressos! I say that with amazement because, for the most part, I am not only a tea drinker, but a green tea drinker. One night I even busted into my husband’s stash of chocolate expresso beans. Boy, did I write then. Of course, if I were to dare reread that section it is entirely possible that it is complete gibberish, which is I why I refuse to go back and read it. There is time enough for that later on December 2nd when I have woken up from sleeping 24 hours straight…ha, ha.

I’d like to invite you to share your stories here in the comments. How are you doing? Have you forgotten to feed your dog? Do you long to watch TV until you drool? Have you been reduced to using five adjectives or more to describe everything in order to meet your word count? I will admit that I have tossed in a war, psychological problems, spirits, and country music in an attempt to meet my word count. Who knows, I might even toss in the kitchen sink! So take a break and let us know you are alive by posting in the comments!

No comments: